Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New Baby has arrived!



On July 4th my wife and I were blessed with the birth of our third child and first boy, Jax Goodrich Kingrey. Like our other two children, he was late in his arrival, born on a weekend, and right at about 7 lbs and 10 oz's, the consistencies are amazing! As I reflected on the past five years with my two girls while waiting for the delivery, I also was thinking forward about what life will be like with not only a third child but a boy as well. He will definitely be taken care of by his big sisters, as evidenced by the fact that Macy, my 5 year old, has held him twice as much as I have since his birth. She demands holding him constantly, and does a wonderful and safe job of it I might say. Elly, my 2 year old, has been super sweet and always wants to get into the mix.
Everyone keeps telling us how different boys are than girls. I like to look at it like how different each child is regardless of gender. My girls are very different in many ways, and very alike in others.It is interesting how much more relaxed I was for this birth, before and after. Knowing what to expect is such an advantage for any parent. I think about the uncertainties and anxieties before and after the birth of our first child and how much more protective and worried I felt. I still feel protective, but with much more serenity and clarity.

As our family expands and the trivial things change like the number of car seats, sleep times, getting out of the house, etc... our focus remains the same, which is raising healthy, compassionate, happy and responsible children.

No comments:

How to find us!